To be eligible for the LEVEL Youth Policy Program, applicants must be:
- Living in British Columbia
- Be between the ages of 19 and 29
- Identify as being from Indigenous and/or racialized immigrant or refugee communities
- Interested in leadership development and public policy
- Fluent in spoken English and at least basic proficiency in reading and writing English
The program requires a substantial time commitment of two to three days of training per month over a seven-month period, starting in February 2019. Training will take place primarily in Vancouver. Travel and accommodation costs will be covered by LEVEL.
Participants will be required to commit to the following:
- Travel, attendance, and participation to all seven modules of the program
- Completion of all readings, assignments, and activities during and between modules
- Completion of a policy project
- An understanding of the diverse backgrounds and lived realities of peers in the program
Applications have now closed. Successful applicants may be invited to participate in an interview with Vancouver Foundation staff and members of the LEVEL Advisory Committee.
If you have any questions, please contact us here.