Applications for the 2021 Youth Policy Program have been delayed. With some staffing changes, we wanted to create some space to ensure the same level of intention and care could be put into planning and preparing the program as we’ve always tried to do. Despite this delay, rest assured, we will still offer the program this year.
Sign up to receive an email alert for when applications will open for the next cohort.
The LEVEL Youth Policy Program (YPP) brings together Indigenous and racialized immigrant and refugee youth from across BC to provide training to shape and advocate for public policy that addresses issues impacting their lives.
The program will offer participants the opportunity to:
- Explore and reflect on what it means to do policy and advocacy work on unceded Indigenous territories
- Understand key concepts about public policy
- Understand the different levels of government and learn about Indigenous governance structures
- Identify key public policy issues impacting your communities in British Columbia
- Identify and gain support to work towards influencing public policy and system change
- Understand the different stakeholders involved in public policy
- Draft a policy ask to advance a policy issue that impacts your community
The program will include six modules and participants will have the opportunity to present their final policy project.
By the end, they will also have a professionally designed and printed policy project portfolio, as well as strengthened capacity to influence policy change at multiple levels.
We’ll announce the module schedule closer to when applications open in June 2021.
If you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org