UPDATE: JUNE 19 – Registrations are now closed. We’re grateful for the overwhelming response we’ve received about this event! Please follow us on social media as we explore how to share the critical learnings that unfold.
On June 23 and 24, join LEVEL, The Circle on Philanthropy and Aboriginal Peoples in Canada, and the Real Estate Foundation of BC for a virtual summit to learn more about racial equity and social justice work in philanthropy.
Philanthropy has a role and responsibility in addressing racial inequity and work towards racial justice. Organizations and individuals are at different moments of learning in this work. We invite you to join us and the partner organizations who are co-hosting these critical conversations with us to learn, share, and surface insights on:
- The current context and needs of racial equity and racial justice funding in British Columbia and Canada more broadly;
- Learning from the wisdom, voices and experiences of Indigenous, Black and racialized leaders in philanthropy;
- Lessons we may want to share with one another to build a network of Canadian philanthropic organizations in order to move a racial justice agenda forward;
- Lessons gleaned from U.S. philanthropy’s grantmaking work in racial equity and justice;
- Exploration of opportunities to help strengthen ties between the racial equity and justice movements in Canada and the U.S.
There will also be concurrent sessions with community leaders and practitioners that will share learnings and encourage conversations on topics such as decolonizing practices; reimagining governance; shifts in donor engagement; and racial equity in grantmaking. Please download the preliminary agenda to learn more.
- WHEN: June 23, 9AM PT to 4PM PT & June 24, 9AM PT to 4PM PT
- WHERE: Online. A link to the event will be emailed to you closer to the date of the event.
- TECH REQUIREMENTS: Please ensure you have access to a device like a computer or tablet with audio and video capability and the most up-to-date version of Zoom. High speed internet is highly recommended.
- COST: This is a free event! However, we encourage all summit participants to consider donating to various grassroots organizing efforts in your local area that are currently led by Black, Indigenous, and racialized communities.
How to Register:
Registrations are now closed.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.