The Fall 2019 cycle of LEVEL Granting is now open for Stage 1 Applications! For more information or if you’re ready to apply, please go to the LEVEL Youth Granting page.
Last year was the first year of the LEVEL Youth Granting program, which funded 15 projects for a total of more than $460,000 to various non-profit and charitable organizations. These projects range in issues from board decolonization, to guide development, to environmental scans and reports – and are taking place all throughout B.C., including places like Prince George, Kamloops, and Victoria.
The projects were diverse in terms of the challenges and solutions that they are exploring. The diversity of the projects shows that there are many ways of developing and testing ideas to tackle a pervasive, systemic issue such as racial inequity.
Here is a list of all the projects we funded, or you can download a list of project summaries for more details:
- Watari Research Association: Board Decolonization and Capacity Building Project
- Mount Pleasant Neighbourhood House: New Neighbors Project – Newcomer Youth for Real Representation
- Howe Sound/Atl’ka7tsem Marine Reference Guide: Indigenous Youth Engagement
- Check Your Head: Diversifying Youth-led Boards
- BC Poverty Reduction Coalition: Indigenizing Poverty Reduction
- Bill Reid Foundation: Indigenous Youth Governance
- McCreary Centre Society: Increasing Leadership Roles and Opportunities for Indigenous Members of the Youth Research Academy
- Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society: Changing the Face of Conservation
- Inner Activist: Engagement and Building Capacity with Diverse Young Adults
- Victoria International Development Education Association (VIDEA): Leaders Now
- Victoria Immigrant and Refugee Centre Society: Newcomer Youth Ambassador Program
- Sierra Club of British Columbia Foundation: Centering Indigenous Leadership for the Environmental Non-Profit Sector
- Kamloops Indian Band: Youth-Leadership-Action
- Community Arts Council of Prince George and District: Northern Indigenous Artists’ Collective – Youth Arts Administrator
- Global Youth Education Network Society: Right Relations Advisor